Summertime is a great time to be a homeowner. The weather is nice, the sun is shining, and there’s no shortage of things to do. However, along with the many benefits of owning a home during the summer comes a handful of potential plumbing problems. Here are seven of the most common ones.
1. Slow Draining Showers: Caused by the hair, food, and other debris. Did you know a buildup of soap scum can cause your drain to slow down tremendously? JMP Plumbing Services can perform our drain-clearing services and get that shower water off of your ankles.
2. Leaky faucets: Often caused by worn-out washers, calcium, and mineral build-up, overuse, and even underuse.
3. Blocked toilets: When the family home is all summer, you might experience a blocked toilet at some point. The more people are using that bathroom, there are greater the chances of having blockages within your system—don’t wait to call professional assistance if this becomes an issue. Call JMP Plumbing Services now for fast help with any plumbing issues.
4. Sump Pump Issues: Many homeowners make the mistake of believing they don’t need to use their sump pump during the summer months. But sometimes rainstorms can cause significant flooding during the warmer months of the year. This often means that homeowners are unprepared, and they try to use their old sump pump only to find it’s no longer operational. Before the peak of the summer months, take the time to test your sump pump and ensure it’s working to peak capacity.
5. Slab Leaks/ Sewer Line Backups: If you have been in Texas for at least a year then you are all too familiar with how hot it gets. Well consider the ground that your house sits on, it gets thirsty with all that hot weather. If you remember to water your foundation during the summer months, then ground shifting is less likely to occur. ground shifting is one of the biggest problems when it comes to under-slab plumbing.
6. Blocked Toilets: With the family home all summer, you’re likely going to experience a blocked toilet at some point. The more people are using the toilet, the more chances that you’ll have a blockage within the system. Don’t wait to call for professional assistance if you’re continually experiencing a blocked toilet, Call the professionals at JMP Plumbing Services.
7. Overloaded Washing Machine: Your home washing machine is likely to be very busy during the summer months. With children being home from school and playing outside with friends, they are going to get their clothes dirty. You may find that having to clean your family’s clothes every few days causes significant wear and tear on your washing machine. And you may even find that you overload your washing machine, causing components in the system to fail. Make sure you use smaller-than-average loads for each cycle, in order to protect your machine.